Are people not buying your membership?
You might be thinking it’s the economy, social distancing, “corona-cation” or people just aren’t buying.
But that’s not true.
There are 3 reasons your membership isn’t selling…
1- You make an offer instead of an OUTCOME
What does your membership offer? As you begin to answer that question in your head, you’re probably already thinking of the tangible things that come with your membership (membership site, events, coaching, networking, etc.) That’s all wrong!
You have to turn your offer into an outcome.
What is the outcome your membership provides?
Is it better health, better finances, better relationships, more money, more meaning, greater significance, a sense of achievement, a sense of belonging… you get the idea.
People don’t want your membership offer, they want the outcome your membership provides.
2- There’s no INCENTIVE
If you look at your sales page, what’s the incentive for people to join “right now.” This is one of the most common mistakes people make in trying to sell their membership.
There’s no reason to “do it now.”
- Why should I join right now?
- What incentive do I get for doing it today and not putting it off to tomorrow, ore the next day or the day after that?
- What bonus can I get for signing up right now?
“Join now and you’ll get…” can be one of the greatest ways to sell your membership.
3- You sell based on need instead of DESIRE
The average person doesn’t join a gym because they want to sweat. They join a gym because they desire to be healthy, desire to look good, desire to lose weight, desire to accomplish a goal.
People don’t think they need what you’re selling. You and I think that.
It’s our job to create a desire for our membership.
When you create a desire for your membership, you’re able to sell your membership as the solution.
You have to include all three: Outcome, Incentive and Desire.
Whenever your ready, here are four OPPORTUNITIES for you to get and keep more members:
1. Are you looking for a community of like-minded membership business owners/leaders? You may be interested in joining a FREE Facebook Group for those who want to grow & scale their membership. Check out the Membership Marketers Facebook Group here.
2. Have you received your free copy of How to Get Your Next 10, 100, 500 or Even 1,000 Members? If you’re looking for additional tips and tools to get more members, assimilate every new sign up into your membership and increase retention then go here to get your free book now.
3. What would you be able to do if you were able to double or even triple your membership? How many more people would you be able to impact and serve? What would that do for your income? The Triple Your Membership And Do It Over and Over Again Toolkit is the fastest way to get more members and do it over and over again. Go here here to discover how.
4. Are you interested in growing your membership dramatically in the next 12 months? If you’re looking to get more members in a week than you did all month and you’re tired of “sending and hoping” people will sign up…just email me at scott <at> membershipmultipliers.com and put “MULTIPLY” in the subject line… tell me a little about your membership and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!
Share This Post