There’s a hidden tool in your coaching business. It’s being used in countless other businesses. Many of whom are “online businesses.” As a matter of fact, Amazon, the world’s largest online business is using it.
What is it?
I recently went to my mailbox and below is a pic of what I found.
Amazon – an online business sent me a gift catalog. Even with their own Amazon Ads platform, they’re still using direct mail.
Shopify – an online company that helps other people create online businesses sent me a mailer. Makes me wonder if they encourage all those online businesses to use direct mail just like they do.
Wayfair – another online retailer sent a catalog.
Costco – a brick and mortar business sent me a catalog highlighting different products.
And they’re not the only ones, Google Ads using direct mail to get customers.
Some will say, “Direct mail is dead.” They’re the same people who will encourage you to spend money on Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and other online sites.
Have you ever considered, you’re probably spending more on a “click” than you would in print and postage?
Not to mention, people are engaging with your ads in less time than they would if it were a printed mailing.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m for whatever works. Don’t do one in spite of the other. Use both online and offline marketing in your business.
I’ve found that most business coaches just don’t know where to get started. Here are five ways:
- Follow up every sales call with a mailing. If they didn’t convert to a sale on the call, why not send them a follow up mailing with your offer? Is it possible that you can increase your closing rate by just 10% if you follow up with an offline mailing?
- Send a mailing BEFORE your sales call. This is often called a “shock and awe” box. When someone books a call, send them a mailing and as best as possible have it arrive before the scheduled sales call.
- Don’t forget to “Thank before you bank.” After someone buys, you have a great opportunity to thank them and possible upsell them to the next opportunity. If someone invests in your high ticket course, why not send them a package with the opportunity to join your high ticket membership offer?
- Mail your lead magnet. Yes, people are supposed download your lead magnet. But if you’ve looked at your open rates and click through rates, you know not everyone is reading your lead magnet. So why not mail it to them.
- Turn your email into an old school letter. If you have an email that has done really well, why not print it out and actually mail it to your prospects. It will be another way for them to interact with your offer.
You’re leaving money on the table!
Direct mail is a powerful marketing tool that can help you reach new clients, increase sales, and grow your coaching business. Even the biggest online businesses in the world are still using it.
If you’re not using direct mail in your coaching business, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity.
Here are a few more benefits of using direct mail:
- It’s more personal than email or other online marketing channels.
- It’s more likely to be read and remembered.
- It’s more tangible and engaging.
- It’s less competitive than online marketing channels.
If you’re ready to start using direct mail in your coaching business, here are a few tips:
- Start by targeting a specific audience. Who are your ideal clients? Where do they live? What are their interests?
- Create a compelling offer. What are you offering that your ideal clients can’t resist?
- Write a persuasive letter or postcard. Tell your ideal clients why they need your services and how you can help them achieve their goals.
- Use high-quality materials. Your direct mail should be well-designed and printed on high-quality paper.
- Track your results. This will help you see what’s working and what’s not.
Direct mail can be a powerful tool for your coaching business. Don’t be afraid to try it!
If you’re interested in learning more about if and how I can help you scale your coaching business, here are three ways we can work together:
1. Grab a copy of “High-Ticket Coach.” It’s my brand new book on how to create, launch and sell your high-ticket membership offer. You’ll also get a ton of free resources and tools to help sell your current membership offers.
2. Get a FREE copy of Accelerate: How to Get Your Next 10, 100, 500 or Even 1,000 Members… Yes, you can get a free copy of my brand-new book! In it, you discover more on how to promote your membership, get more members and increase retention.
3. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to help you create and sell a high ticket membership… If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to multiply your membership… just schedule a free strategy session. We’ll map out a strategy and then take a look to see if and how we may be able to grow your business. Go here to complete this brief survey and schedule your free call.
Share This Post