There’s a silent killer lurking in your membership business. No, it’s not one of your members. It’s not one of your staff members either (although there may be times where they want to, HA!). It’s not your database, CRM, or marketing, either.
The silent killer… it’s Member Overwhelm!
It creeps in, starting from the very beginning. Your prospect signs up and becomes a member. They think they have a good grasp on the membership but they’re still learning (what all comes with the membership, what do they have access to, what do they not have access to).
But then, the current starts to build. More and more content comes their way. They try to use some of their membership only to get distracted by other opportunities the membership provides.
Before you know it, members are saying:
- “This is like drinking water from a fire hydrant.”
- “There’s so much, I’m just not sure what to do.”
- “I keep getting all this stuff and my desk is piling up.”
- “Seems like if I don’t use everything, I’m not taking full advantage of my membership.”
As the creator, you brush it off. You might even take a little pride in thinking, “Great! We offer a lot to our members.”
Meanwhile, the countdown clock has started ticking and it won’t be long before the overwhelm finally takes another victim and your member cancels.
It happens time and time again. But what can you do?
If we don’t offer great value to our members then it may mean they’ll cancel.
There’s a simple way to ward off this silent killer.
“More value doesn’t always mean more membership features.” – Scott Whitaker
Many times less is more.
Would you rather help your members do a few things really well, or a lot of things very poorly? Most memberships want to help members do a few things really well. But in doing so, they offer a number of ways to accomplish it.
There’s a way to provide great value to your members without overwhelming them.
If you want to discover how to stop silently killing your membership, you really should check out Accelerator #7 in my new book, Accelerate – How to Get Your Next 10, 100, 500, or Even 1000 members in 60 Days!
Inside Of Accelerate, You’ll Learn My Most Closely Guarded Secrets For Growing Your Membership, Like…
- What to do in the first hour in order to take a member from ‘Sign-up’ to ‘Fully-Engaged’ as fast as possible.
- The 5-C Model of marketing and how it can help your grow your membership to numbers you wouldn’t believe!
- My secret formula for 10Xing members accountability. Nail this and you’ll have a steady stream of income for years to come!
- The best all-time (but least used) method to multiply your membership and how you can do it over and over again to the same great result.
- How to uncover the “Silent Killer” in your membership and what to do about it!
- And so much more…
Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I don’t hold back in this book. You can actually grow your membership using just what I talk about.
This isn’t one of those “here let me tell what do to do but not how” – I teach actual strategies and techniques you can use right away to get your recurring revenue up to the point you’ve dreamed it would be.
Don’t wait, this is a limited time opportunity.
Share This Post