Once you’ve launched your membership and delivered some incredible content, at some point you’re going to consider revisiting that same content (or something similar). You will likely hesitate, saying to yourself, “I can’t teach that again. I’ve already taught that. I’ve already provided that. I’ve already told them that.”
Guess what? It would be doing your members a disservice if you don’t provide it again.
Repurpose Your Content
Let’s imagine you just prepared some content for your membership in the form of a handout. You could take that exact same information and repurpose it into a blog post. Or you could teach it live, either online or in-person. Or you could prepare a video.
Why should you repurpose this content? Because if you don’t, your members probably won’t be able to really learn it.
As humans we need to hear and see and do things multiple times before we truly integrate it into our lives. Additionally, different people learn in different ways – so having content that is written is great for some, while others will do better if they hear it. Still other members will need to interact kinesthetically to learn. Therefore, it’s your duty to repurpose your content so you can best help your members.
Once you’ve considered how to repurpose smaller content pieces like articles or handouts, now let’s consider the possibilities for content you provide that’s of a larger scope.
Let’s say you have amassed a dozen articles, or created content that teaches numerous steps or processes. You could:
- Turn it into a masterclass
- Turn it into a podcast
- Take that masterclass or podcast and get it transcribed, and then turn the combined content into an e-book
Once you have your initial content created, challenge yourself to look at each piece of content with fresh eyes. How could you repurpose it over and over again?
Your members need this from you. Don’t presume that just because you taught it once, they actually learned it all the first time.
Recycle Your Content
Along with repurposing, you will also have content that you can simply recycle.
You’ve already discovered with your Content Calendar that certain content makes sense to deliver at a certain time of year. For me, I know I will present a masterclass each September on how to sell your membership during the holidays. I do this every single autumn because it’s always relevant.
Why? Because my members need to know how to sell their memberships leading into the holidays. It’s a great time for them to do it, and for us to do it alongside each other where I’m able to do it with them.
We talk about that topic every September and moving through the months that follow. Every element of the content I created for this masterclass can be recycled.
Each January, I try to do something that helps members plan a one-year Content Calendar. I recycle this content every year. But it’s not completely recycled. Remember that we’re always learning new things… so you will always be adding new things.
I’m constantly gathering new information, new strategies, and bringing that to my members, but you will be able to recycle that basic content over and over.
Don’t think that just because you did it last year, that you can’t do it again.
Reframe Your Content
What do I mean by reframe?
Let’s say that every January you teach goal-setting with your membership. You have framed it around the beginning of the year.
However, you could take that same content and say, “Hey, it’s June already, and we’re halfway through the year. Let’s plan some goals together and see how you can finish the year strong.”
All that is required is to take the same content that was previously framed for January and reframe it for June.
Resell Your Content
I know that “resell” technically means to sell again, but that’s not what I’m talking about. You don’t sell the same thing to somebody twice.
What I am saying is that there is specific content you will provide to your members that you could also extract and sell to non-members.
Maybe you’ve been wanting to create a course. Maybe you’ve been wanting to provide a live training. Why not provide it to your existing members as a great benefit as part of their membership, but then sell it at a ticketed price for non-members?
And don’t worry if the non-members will see it again later should they finally become members. Because there’s power in repetition.
Are you interested in taking next steps to multiply your coaching business? Here are four ways we can work together:
1. Grab a copy of “High-Ticket Coach.” It’s my brand new book on how to create, launch and sell your high-ticket membership offer. You’ll also get a ton of free resources and tools to help sell your current membership offers.
2. Looking to Turn Your New Member into a Fully-Engaged Member… The “New Member Engagement Accelerator” may be exactly what you need. This newly revealed strategy will show you the step-by-step process for quickly getting every new member on-board with your membership.
3. Do you want to get more members in 4 days than you do all month without costing you a dime on marketing? I’m giving you the exact email templates, the timings, everything you need to simple “plug and profit” from all of my hard work learning and testing with hundreds of membership businesses over the years.
4. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to help you create and sell a high ticket membership… If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to multiply your membership… just schedule a free strategy session. We’ll map out a strategy and then take a look to see if and how we may be able to grow your business. Go here to complete this brief survey and schedule your free call.
Share This Post