Being put on hold on the phone is a pet peeve for most of us. Although you may have to put a member on hold, it doesn’t have to be frustrating for the caller. Here are a few courtesies that can make the wait a little more tolerable for the caller:
- Don’t multitask.When you try to do two things at once, you’ll be more likely to miss something important a member is trying to tell you.
- Ask before placing a caller on hold.Don’t just tell members to “please hold.” Give them a say by asking if they can hold. Wait until they respond, and then thank them.
- Don’t tell members you’ll put them on hold for “just a second.”Instead, give them a reasonable estimate of how long you’ll be away from the phone. Also give them an explanation of why they’ll be on hold.
- Faster doesn’t always mean better.Efficiency is great, but doing a poor job quickly won’t win you loyalty from anyone. Speed should always be second to carefully attending to a member’s needs.
- Take notes.Don’t rely on your memory. Writing notes during a phone conversation allows you to get a better record of the caller’s name and message, including the caller’s mood.
If you’re ready to multiply your membership and money, here are three other ways you can make it happen!
- Free Online Training… I’ll show you the number one strategy to triple your membership and do it over and over again. Click here to secure your spot now.
- Don’t want to wait for the online training? Get the recording now. You can get immediate access to the most recent training. Just click here to get the recording.
- Triple Your Membership And Do It Over and Over Again ToolkitThis is the fastest way to get more members and take a member from sign-up to fully-engaged. You get the full toolkit with blueprints, templates and processes to help you get more members. Click here to learn more!
Share This Post